→New groups starting soon – Click here to Register!
Hear audio of Katrina speaking about Zooming in the Lens!
- This course concept is designed to group together like-minded people within a small compatible group practice environment. Your response’s to the questions are the basis of our group formation. Based on the details you provide, it is our intention to form personalized groups now and for future courses. ZITL is an integration honoring experience-based practice, using discussions and tools- whereas your level of participation greatly enhances your desired experience. The format thrives by the key ingredient of each valuing the choice of sharing for personal experience or showing up as the observer for personal experience.
- ZITL is not a “one-sided conversation.” Typically, lecture-based courses (live or online) involve an instructor providing all of the material for the students to learn and then implementing some form of evaluation. Instead of encouraging participants to simply reiterate what the instructor says, we believe that all participants should bring their experiences to the class. By being actively engaged in each class, it is evident that each member understands the material. As a result, exams and graded assignments have been eliminated in favor of group discussions. But as said above, everyone’s role, or lack-there-of, is welcomed and often what provides each group’s uniqueness.
- This is a real-time live experience, unlike many other online courses, which are pre-recorded. You will be able to see, hear and interact with the other members of your group, and they will be able to do the same with you, while most courses are only making the teacher visible.
- Most importantly, this is involving you – where most environments are about topics and a singular method. In those arena’s, the lesson would be taught with or without your presence. This platform allows for your voice and presence to help shape your experience.
- No pressure. We realize some may be on the shy side, and some may feel right at home with new friends and conversation. The unique info-gathering process prior to requesting payment allows us to create a beautiful mix of personalities. This will create balance for those less excited to speak. We hope the down-to-earth dialogue will inspire us all to feel comfortable with sharing. Yet, there are no requirements for that. Just bring an open curious mind, and a sense of humor.
- Like a friend, Katrina will be there for you throughout the month for whatever may come up. A big part of honoring experience-based practice is being able to have direct experiences with your teacher, your guide. To date, we are yet to find such an online experience but hope others will follow suit in the future. It is the difference between the feeling of a retreat with a teacher verse taking a public class or lecture.
- Constant contact options – You are encouraged to reach out via email throughout the month and schedule yourself in for the open phone line days/times for one-one-one with direct contact with Katrina (a private number will be provided). This option allows her presence to be a reminder to stay present, in the practice, and together. and go over any things that appear outside our sessions. Be sure to read the “FAQ” for more!
Ω Check out what a ZITL students thoughts are on how she found ZITL different…
“Katrina’s humor and willingness to share her own personal struggles and triumphs are what really makes this course both special and rare. I have never before encountered a course that offers the powerful gift of one-on-one phone consultation with the teacher.” – Lisa, Psychotherapist, NJ (for more student testimonials, click here)
~ Keep in mind – each group participant will receive a general conduct outline, sent to allow for respectful sharing and a compassionate environment.
Wanna read more?
Many choices at the top tabs of this page!
♦RAW ZITL video footage group 1 who was kind enough to gather for an extra skype hang so we could help you get a feel. ♦Also in the above tabs, “who is this course for”. ♦All under one tab labeled “online course” above.
Disclaimer and privacy: Zooming in the Lens courses are not therapy or medical treatment and is not diagnosing or treating any medical or psychological conditions. It is your personal, primary and sole responsibility to be pre-approved by your mental health representative or care-takers. Zooming in the Lens and Functional Yoga Online collectively and individually; and all companies sponsoring; including “guest” individuals and affiliates- will not be held personally or collectively responsible for participants mental or physical health during or after your participation in this course in perpetuity. All of the above parties hosting, promoting and facilitating this course will not be held liable in any way for your personal participation; and have the right to terminate your participation due to misconduct or any behavior disturbance and breach outlined on the “FAQ” or verbally discussed disrupting others within the course. All sign ups and attendees agree to; act respectfully regarding conduct and privacy of others including; refraining from any and all recordings of video or audio of this course. By submitting your name and email you are acknowledging and agreeing to the above, as well as; read and understand all materials provided, including explanations of the unique pre-screening process in forming groups to allow personal attention to everyone’s needs. With registering your personal information, you agree to receive future course updates that may be right for you. We will not share your name, email, or any personal information with anyone other than the sponsors presenting (Ram Dass and FYO). No one but Katrina Chester will have access to personal information contained within your questionnaire and they will not be used in any way part your participation within the formation of groups for ZITL online courses. You may always choose to opt-out of the mailing list at any time. This is a non-refundable donation based course due to the extent of personalizing. We thank you for cooperation in making this a good adventure for all. © Functional Yoga Online